Whirlwind Slash is a skill in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, this type of skill is a Combat Arts Skill that is under the Shinobi Arts Skill Tree. Each Skill Tree consists of a variety of skills that are categorized as Combat Arts, Shinobi Martial Arts, and Latent Skills that will allow players to alter and customize Sekiro's overall effectiveness in combat and survivability.
These skills can be unlocked by spending gained Skill Points at a Sculptor's Idol.
Acquires Combat Art "Whirlwind Slash".
A spinning attack that can hit several enemies at once. The sharp cut combined with the force of the spin can strike multiple foes, and deal damage even when guarded.
When surrounded by enemies, this shinobi technique can cut open a path to victory.
How to Acquire Whirlwind Slash
- Whirlwind Slash requires 1 Skill Point
- This can be found under the Shinobi Arts Skill Tree and is unlocked by resting at a Sculptor's Idol.
Whirlwind Slash Notes & Tips
- Whirlwind Slash is a Combat Arts Skill
- Players are only allowed to equip one Combat Arts Skill
- This skill is very useful against enemies and bosses with good defenses and whose vulnerability window is very small, e.g. the Owl, it can be used immediately after an enemy attack to deal more damage than two regular slashes
- Deals about the same damage of a thrust attack with the Kusabimaru
- While the usefulness of this combat art remains decent, the damage starts to fall off when the player reaches mid-game. Enemies with armored attacks or fast, interrupting hits will give players a hard time when attempting to use this combat art.