|SP Required||Requires 2 Skillpoints|
|Effect||Counter an enemy's thrust attack|
|Skill Type||Shinobi Martial Arts|
|Skill Tree||Shinobi Arts|
Mikiri Counter(見切り, See Through/Anticipate) is a purchasable skill in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and can be found under the Shinobi Arts Skill Tree. It is a powerful counter to enemy Thrust attacks that deals significant Posture damage to the enemy.
Enables one to counter an enemy's thrust attack by stomping down on an enemy's weapon, dealing a large amount of damage to Posture.
It is nearly impossible to perceive the speed of a thrust, but not for sharp eyes of a Shinobi.
How to Acquire Mikiri Counter
- This can be found under the Shinobi Arts Skill Tree; players can spend skill points by praying at a Sculptor's Idol and selecting the appropriate option.
- Mikiri Counter requires 2 Skill Points.
Mikiri Counter Notes & Tips
- Mikiri Counter grants Sekiro an amazing counter to enemy Thrust attacks; successfully performing the technique deals significant Posture damage, far more than any other form of defense.
- Thrust attacks are a type of Perilous Attack, meaning they cannot be guarded against. Instead, Sekiro must either Deflect them, dealing minor posture damage, or utilize the Mikiri Counter, dealing significantly more and rendering the enemy vulnerable to a followup hit.
- Mikiri Counter is executed by performing a forward step dodge at the direction of an enemy. Locking onto an enemy is not required, as long as the forward step dodge is directed at an incoming thrust attack.
- The counter window is massive, and spans the entire duration of the step dodge animation, well past its invulnerability frames; basically, if the attack lands during the step dodge animation, it will be successful. That said, you must be sure that you are facing the enemy (i.e. locked on) and stepping directly forward into the blow (with a neutral step dodge), and because of this it is possible that if you are too close the precise angle will mess up and the attempt will fail, causing you to take damage.
- Sometimes enemies charge forward several feet as they thrust; they generally adopt a posture indicating that they are preparing to run at you. If this happens, back off slightly and delay the Mikiri counter attempt timing until they've taken a step forward.
- This is an ESSENTIAL skill that is highly recommended, and coincidentally is one of the first skills available to you.