Shichimen Warrior (七面武者, Warrior With Seven Faces) is a Mini-Boss in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Mini-Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named, and have usually 2 or more health bars. This means they require at least 2 Deathblows in order to kill, they are generally much more difficult than normal enemies, and they drop some of the best loot in the game.
Shichimen Warrior Location
- Abandoned Dungeon: Immediately after defeating Lone Shadow Longswordsman in Ashina Reservoir (Can also be accessed directly from Abandoned Dungeon by entering from Ashina Castle side jumping down and turning around).
- Ashina Depths: In the Guardian Ape's Burrow, after defeating the Headless Ape there, and already installed Finger Whistle Prosthetic tools by visiting the Sculptor. (Shichimen Warrior appearance will disable Idol's travel option to Guardian Ape's Burrow Idol)
- Fountainhead Palace: From the Great Sakura Idol, turn around, jump off the platform and follow the river upwards (stealth Deathblow possible; see notes further down).
Shichimen Warrior Rewards
- Ceremonial Tanto - Abandoned Dungeon
- Malcontent's Ring - Ashina Depths
- 16935 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
- Lapis Lazuli - Fountainhead Palace
- 19786 XP without Kuro's Charm (NG+7)
Shichimen Warrior Strategies
Attention: buying the Anti-Air Deathblow Text from Blackhat Badger will trivialize fights against these mini-bosses, as they allow you to Deathblow them in mid-air regardless of their Posture. However, this deathblow can only be performed if divine confetti is active.
Just like the Headless fight, you'll need at least 2-3 Divine Confetti in order to beat this boss. The fight is pretty straightforward, be as aggressive as possible. When he deflects one of your attacks, he will turn invisible and move backward, DO NOT FOLLOW HIM. You will die if you do. He will reappear again somewhere in the area so keep on circling around until you find him, After reappearing he will shoot a beam on you, to counter this simply deflect the beam, run in again, attack, until he disappears again. Rinse and repeat. If you do this properly he won't be able to do his other attacks. In the off chance where you ran out of Divine Confetti while fighting him, you can still beat it using Prosthetic Tools.
Start the fight by using Divine Confetti and if you like an Ako's Sugar. Jump down the hole and sprint to the boss coming in at an angle to avoid the terror orbs that spawns directly in front of the Shichimen Warrior. Attack the boss several times, backing away once your terror bar is about halfway or so. Depending on your attack power, players may be able to break his terror ring and continue attacking him until he attacks back. Once he teleports he will throw small skulls that will somewhat track; avoid them by running to the side of them. Blocking them will increase your terror bar. If he shoots his terror laser at you pick a direction and continue running at the side to avoid this. Players can deflect this attack also negating the terror buildup; however, if its mistimed you will take chip damage and normal terror buildup. When he uses his large terror ball and triple terror ball, run away from him at an angle.
Alternative Strategy: Later in the game, you can get the Shinobi Tool upgrade Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella. This tool makes the mini-boss very easy for two reasons: 1) the Lilac Umbrella can block all of the Terror orbs, as well as the beam (even while moving); and 2) if you have the skill Projected Force, you can then strike the boss for heavy damage while using the Umbrella which will stun them for several normal attacks. Additionally, landing the Projected Force attack while the Shichimen Warrior is in midair will fill his stagger gauge instantly, leaving him vulnerable to a deathblow. While Divine Confetti is unnecessary with this Shinobi Tool upgrade, but still helps a lot.
Attacks & Counters
|Floating Terror Orbs||The Shichimen Warrior sends out a number of blue orbs in all directions. These orbs will slowly converge towards the player. When touching an orb it will pop dealing damage and induce a small amount of terror in the player. You will need to avoid these and move away when they get too close.|
|Staff Smack||the Shichimen Warrior will swing his staff towards you inflicting damage. This attack can be deflected.|
|Bullet Souls||The Shichimen Warrior will point his staff towards the player and shoot multiple fast-moving projectiles that resemble human faces that deal damage and induce a small amount of Terror. These can be avoided by simply sprinting towards the warrior at a slight angle. You can avoid this attack entirely while standing right next to the warrior as the attacks hit-box begins at the tip of his staff, this allows you to attack him multiple times until the animation finishes.|
|Jumping Bullet Souls||The Shichimen Warrior will jump into the air and fire Bullet Souls at the player. These|
|Large Terror Orb||The Shichimen Warrior will raise his staff into the air and channel a number of souls into a large orb for a short time. The orb will launch at the player at a moderate speed where it will explode upon contact dealing damage and induce a large amount of terror. This can be avoided by running perpendicular to the warrior until it get close at which point you should sprint towards the warrior as the attack cannot make sharp turns. If you are using Divine Confetti you can stun the warrior by hitting it 3-5 times, disrupting this attack animation.|
|Terror Beam||When attacking the Shichimen Warrior he will deflect your attack then slowly walk back and disappear. He will then reappear at a location around the arena and begin to channel a number of souls into the tip of his staff. After charging he will launch a fast-moving, purple laser towards the player that deals massive damage and induces massive Terror build-up (almost always resulting in a terror proc). This attack can avoided from a distance by sprinting at a slight angle towards the warrior as teh beam will be aimed slightly behind your current location while sprinting. If you are close to the warrior, you MUST deflect this attack then sprint towards him to attack (NOTE: even though the attack is a beam you only need to deflect it once to negate all damage).|
|Phase 1||The Shihcimen Warrior will retain all attacks from Phase 1.|
|Large Terror Orb x3||The Shichimen Warrior will raise his staff into the air and surround himself with a blue aura while channeling a large number of souls into three large orbs for about 5 seconds. The orbs will all be launched toward the player at a moderate speed with a short delay between when they are launched. This can be avoided by running perpendicular to the warrior until it get close at which point you should sprint towards the warrior as the attack cannot make sharp turns. If you are using Divine Confetti you can stun the warrior by hitting it 3-5 times, disrupting this attack animation.|
Shichimen Warrior Lore
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
Shichimen Warrior Notes & Trivia
- Prosthetic Tools deals damage to ghost-like enemies.
- The Guardian Ape's Burrow shrine will not be able to be warped to after severing his immortality. After defeating the Shichimen Warrior located there, the shrine will return to normal.
- Fujioka The Info Broker will sell you the Valley Apparition's Memo which alludes to the Shichimen Warrior that has appeared in the den.
- The one in Fountainhead Palace is vulnerable to a stealth deathblow under the following conditions: a)he has not detected you. So approach from the rocks besides him, but kill all the dogs there while you´re still in the water. The one which is standing on the rocks will jump down to you, don´t fight it on the rocks. b) you must jump down onto him from the small protrusion in the rock edge above him, otherwise the deathblow prompt will not appear. In order to fight him without the 2 dogs nearby intervening, kill those before the deathblow, too.