Divine Confetti is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to provide Sekiro the ability to attack ghost-like enemies with powerful attacks distinguished by a bright purple glow on Kusabimaru.
Divine Confetti Usage
- Adds a special purple glow to Sekiro's weapon, similar to Terror.
- The effect lasts for 1 minute.
- Increases weapon damage against ALL enemies. [Source]
- Dramatically increases weapon damage against apparition-type enemies. Multiple attacks will dispel the effect that these enemies do, so hit them often when your blade is coated.
- These enemies include:
Where to Find Divine Confetti
Before unlocking the unlimited confetti, you can find them at:
- Small chance to drop from Blue-Robed Samurai near the Upper Tower - Antechamber Sculptor's Idol located in Ashina Castle. (Chance increased in Patch 1.03).
- Old Hag - You may use up to 3 Mibu Balloons (any type) one at a time near her to get an Ungo's Sugar, Ako's Sugar, and a Divine Confetti. All 3 balloons may be of the same type.
- Ashina Outskirts. - 1x Located just before the Underbridge Valley Sculptor's Idol in Ashina Outskirts.
- Hirata Estate - From the Hirata Estate - Main Hall Idol. Go around the burning buildings and defeat a flaming archer, then grapple onto the rooftops to get a better view. The archers in this area have high visibility range and will spot you quickly, so plan to move swiftly. You can spot some items in the rock islands of the pond, but wait before going there. Walk the entire rooftop and drop when it ends, then use the underfloors to double back and get into the main state. Here you'll find 2x Spirit Emblem, and 1x Divine Confetti. Be careful that an Axe enemy waits behind the confetti.
- Hirata Estate - After passing Juzou, the fog gate is now lifted and you can enter the main door ahead. Go left to obtain the items. Defeat 2 enemies and go left to pick up the oil. Hug the wall here, as it is a Shinobi Door, on the other side you will find 1x Mibu Balloon of Wealth and 1x Light Coin Purse. Further down the area there is 2x Divine Confetti and a Treasure Chest containing 1x Prayer Bead.
- Ashina Depths - 5x Water Mill Sculptor's Idol, cross the bridge near O'Rin of the Water and follow the path to reach a house with a mob of villagers standing in front of it. There is a place to sneak under the house to the right of the locked door. Interact with the revolving floorboards under house. The item is on the floor in front of the broken statue.
- Sunken Valley - Located in a small camp filled with Poisonous Lizards past the arena of the Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe.
- Sunken Valley Passage - Inside the Serpent's Cave, you'll find 3x nearby a ledge that will allow you to grapple towards Ashina Depths.
- Mibu Village - 5 can be found by the beheaded Buddha statue near the drinking NPC, and one can be found inside a house before reaching the Watermill Idol.
- Fountainhead Palace - Inside the building of the noble courtyard, 2 can be found next to the hold in the ground where Sekiro can dive into.
- Fountainhead Palace - From the Flower Viewing Idol, 3 can be found hidden behind the pagoda.
- Fountainhead Palace - 2 can be looted next to Pot Noble Koremori.
Divine Confetti Notes & Tips
- Can be paired with Ako's Sugar/Spiritfall to increase damage against all enemies, particularly useful in speedruns to reach the stagger threshold of certain bosses faster.
- It also deals chip damage, allowing you to deal vitality damage to a blocking enemy.
- Certain attacks will negate the Divine Confetti buff, notably the Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella attack with the Projected Force skill (itself a very strong anti-apparition attack) as well as that of the Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella (note that the two non-elemental versions of the umbrella do not overwrite Divine Confetti).
- Entering an area where Sekiro sheathes his sword will also negate the buff.
- Performing a lightning reversal will negate the buff (needs confirmation).
- The effects of Divine Confetti will persist underwater if cast before diving in. This provides a large damage buff against the underwater Headless fights that can be encountered after acquiring Mibu Breathing Technique.
- Since the buff only affects Kusabimaru, using Combat Arts such as Prayer Strikes - Exorcism, or Senpou Leaping Kicks won't gain the benefit from it. High Monk combat art does have sword slashes, but they're few and performed at the end of the combo.
- Since the Sabimaru combo incorporates the Kusabimaru in it's attacks, you can still benefit from the effects of the Divine Confetti. Specially useful on the Improved Sabimaru (and it's upgraded variants) alternate combo, which uses both swords at the same time.