Divine Confetti is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to provide Sekiro the ability to attack ghost-like enemies with powerful attacks distinguished by a bright purple glow on Kusabimaru.
Divine Confetti Usage
- Adds a special purple glow to Sekiro's weapon, similar to Terror.
- The effect lasts for 1 minute.
- Increases weapon damage against ALL enemies. [Source]
- Increases health damage against standard enemies by 25%.
- Dramatically increases weapon damage against apparition-type enemies. Multiple attacks will dispel the effect that these enemies do, so hit them often when your blade is coated.
- These enemies include:
Where to Find Divine Confetti
Before unlocking the unlimited confetti, you can find them at:
- Small chance to drop from Blue-Robed Samurai near the Upper Tower - Antechamber Sculptor's Idol located in Ashina Castle. (Chance increased in Patch 1.03).
- This is the first place early game to viably farm the Confetti, as well as Scrap Magnetite upgrade material.
- Old Hag - You may use up to 3 Mibu Balloons (any type) one at a time near her to get an Ungo's Sugar, Ako's Sugar, and a Divine Confetti. All 3 balloons may be of the same type.
- Ashina Outskirts. - 1x Located just before the Underbridge Valley Sculptor's Idol in Ashina Outskirts.
- Hirata Estate - From Hirata Estate - Main Hall idol; Continue past the burning buildings to where the group of enemies are. To the right is a building that you can enter, the confetti is in the center room of this building.
- Hirata Estate - Hirata Audience Chamber idol. Turn 180 away from Lady Butterfly's room and break through the wall directly in front of you. To the right are two enemies, and just past them is a shinobi door that you can wallhug to access a hidden room. 2x confetti and 1x Prayer Bead are here.
- Ashina Depths - Water Mill idol. Face back towards the village before the idol. Directly across the small bridge is a building that can be entered, 1x confetti is inside.
- Ashina Depths - Water Mill idol. Cross the large bridge past O'Rin of the Water and continue on until you reach the building with many enemies in front of it. On the front-right side of it is an area where you can crouch to get underneath it. Once underneath, to the left is a revolving floorboard to get inside. 5x confetti is in front of the statue.
- Sunken Valley - Drop down the hole in the floorboards in Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe's room. Go straight and then left when it forks into two directions. Look up and to the right for a grapple point, and then grapple to another point directly across from the first. On the left is a room with many lizards and 1x confetti.
- Sunken Valley Passage - Inside the Serpent's Cave, you'll find 3x nearby a ledge that will allow you to grapple towards Ashina Depths.
- Fountainhead Palace - Inside the building of the noble courtyard, 2 can be found next to the hold in the ground where Sekiro can dive into.
- Fountainhead Palace - From the Flower Viewing Idol, 3 can be found hidden behind the pagoda.
- Fountainhead Palace - 2 can be looted next to Pot Noble Koremori.
Divine Confetti Notes & Tips
- Can be paired with Ako's Sugar/Spiritfall to increase damage against all enemies, particularly useful in speedruns to reach the stagger threshold of certain bosses faster.
- It also deals chip damage, allowing you to deal vitality damage to a blocking enemy.
- Certain attacks will negate the Divine Confetti buff, notably the Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella attack with the Projected Force skill (itself a very strong anti-apparition attack) as well as that of the Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella (note that the two non-elemental versions of the umbrella do not overwrite Divine Confetti).
- Entering an area where Sekiro sheathes his sword will also negate the buff.
- Performing a lightning reversal will negate the buff.
- The effects of Divine Confetti will persist underwater if cast before diving in. This provides a large damage buff against the underwater Headless fights that can be encountered after acquiring Mibu Breathing Technique.
- Since the buff only affects Kusabimaru, using Combat Arts such as Prayer Strikes - Exorcism, or Senpou Leaping Kicks won't gain the benefit from it. High Monk combat art does have sword slashes, but they are few and performed at the end of the combo. Empowered Mortal Draw is also not affected by the buff.
- Since the Sabimaru combo incorporates the Kusabimaru in its attacks, you can still benefit from the effects of the Divine Confetti. This is especially useful on the Improved Sabimaru (and its upgraded variants) alternate combo, which uses both swords at the same time.