Bundled Jizo Statue
Bundled Jizo Statue is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to restore a node of Sekiro's Resurrective Power and also unlocks the resurrect ability if it happens to be locked.
Bundled Jizo Statue Usage
- Restores a node of Resurrective Power and also unlocks the resurrect ability if it happens to be locked.
- Does NOT restore resurrection use if all resurrection nodes are filled (i.e. if you die and your remaining one or two resurrection nodes were already full, then your resurrection will be limited as usual and you cannot remove this restriction with a Jizo Statue).
How to Find Bundled Jizo Statue
- Ashina Outskirts- From the Outskirts Wall - Gate Path Buddha statue, jump up to the top of the building that houses the first shuriken prosthetic upgrade. You should be able to see General Naomori Kawarada from there, an oversized rooster on a cliff to your right, and an item on the cliff to your left. The item will be some pellets. From the spot where you collect them, look down and right a little. There will be some lamps at the bottom of a far fall and you'll take fall damage, but manage to land on the little cliff and you can head through the cave to get the Jizo Statue.
- Revisiting the Ashina Reservoir- At the top of the tower where you will meet the remnant for Kuro. grapple onto the roof and go around the tower rooftop to find the item.
- Hirata Estate- From Anayama the Peddler, grapple onto the top of a locked gate and go through a short bamboo patch that leads to 1x Bundled Jizo Statue.
- Sunken Valley Passage - After performing a finishing deathblow on the Great Serpent, you will land on the other side of the hanging bridge that the serpent broke earlier where 1x can be looted from the path ahead.
- Fountainhead Palace - 1 can be found behind the Shichimen Warrior.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - Main Hall Idol, directly to the left from the altar and the Head Monk, up behind some statues.
- Every Prayer Bead and Prosthetic Tools pick-up is replaced with a Bundled Jizo Statue on NG+, provided they were picked up on the previous playthrough.
- After the Divine Dragon fight, one can be found at the Great Serpent Shrine in Ashina Castle, dropped by the white monkey atop the roof above the bonfire (Single drop only).
Bundled Jizo Statue Notes, Tips, & Trivia
- Using a Bundled Jizo Statue (alternatively, any type of a Mibu baloon) next to the Old Hag triggers a dialogue prompt where she compliments you on your proper prayer and then rewards you with an Ungo's Sugar (tested at Bodhisattva Valley). This works up to three times, rewarding you different sugars. After the third time, the Old Hag will complain about Senpou monks driving her away and wish someone like you would visit the Divine Child.
- Jizo, known as the Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha in Mahayana Buddhism outside of Japan, vowed to help humankind until the next Buddha appeared on earth. "He acts as a guardian of travelers, those in trouble and women and children. He is regarded as continually working for the alleviation of those reborn in hells, and to be particularly concerned about the destiny of dead children...In Japan, statues of him are often found at the side of country roads and mountain paths, and they are placed in graveyards as prayer-offerings for the good rebirth of dead children and miscarried or aborted fetuses (Harvey, 2000: 333-41)." (Harvey, Peter. An Introduction to Buddhism Teachings, History and Practices Second Edition. Cambridge University Press 2013: p.178)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
just a suggestion but, if it is "tested: cannot be farmed, single drop only" then why is there still a statement right before it that says "Not certain yet if that is a one time drop or if they can be farmed". It's like, make up your mind, it's supposed to be a wiki
"After performing a finishing deathblow on the Great Serpent," How to go back there if we missed it at that moment ?
Guys, my bet is that certain buffs blocks the usage of this. The confetti, spiritfalls or elemental gourds.
I often find that I can't use the Jizo statues in battle after a first resurrect, because I came well-prepared with three full resurrection circles. You can only use them if you have a partially filled resurrection circle, which seems an oversight for situations where a player just wants to be able to resurrect again. Fortunately, you can use the dragon's blood droplet to both remove the strikeout on your resurrects (enabling a second resurrect with your second full circle) and partially fill back the first circle. Die and resurrect a second time, and you will be able to use a Jizo statue to fill out that partial and resurrect a third time!
Why can't I use this on fire Isshin in NG+? Neither from Quick Items nor from Inventory. I'm not on fire, not being hit, there is no indication of having a debuff active, it's just greyed out. I remember how you can use this to get rid of the black bar, I used two on Sword Saint Isshin, both a regular and a Jinzo, but on fire Isshin I can't use either. What's going on? Or does the game prevent you from using it, just because?
Some bosses say things when you resurrect, there are some bosses that you can normally only ressurect twice at that say things during resurrection. But with this you can resurrect a third time and get some extra dialouge on those bosses. Example, Great shinobi Owl: Three...! Fear is absolute. There is no shame in losing a battle. But you must take revenge by any means necessary!
You get one for clearing both white dual katana weilding apes from the great serpent shrine after Ashina is on fire.
So would Jizo be Yashariku’s stillborn brother, then?
Also known as the coziness baby, just by looking at him you can feel nice and comfy in his soft blanket. Thanks little Jizo <3
Couldn't use it during Demon of Hatred. Managed to beat him anyway, but I dunno if its a specific to the fight or I just got unlucky with a bug.
There's one on the outside roof when you revisit where you first met Kuro. Had to jump and grab the ledge.
Interesting note. I just used one beside one of the old hags asking for rice at Bodhisattva valley, and she had dialogue "yes.. that's the way you pray, I offer you this" and gave me a blue candy. No idea if this works at the other old hags
Maybe the best consumable in the game and the reason why it's so rare. Jizo gives you a new res circle and, the important part, resets your resurrection lock. Meaning you can res twice in the final phase of a boss and this is worth so, so much. It's an item like Divine Blessing to be used when a difficult boss is at 25-50% of his last HP bar and you find yourself without heal and res locked. With 1-2 resurrections, 2 HoT items from the children, a divine grass and your experience reaching this point, you are basically invincible once you got the boss low-ish. But I would save 2 Jizos+Divine Grass for the last fight, you will be very thankful to have them there.
i killed the monkey packs just before great serpent shrine idol (late game), one of them dropped this item, not sure which one, there are white (dual sword) & brown, anyone can confirm this?
There is one at the main hall idol behind the statues to the left of the lady that talks to you
There is also one in the Hirata Estate, near a guy who tells you of the three story pagoda
how the hell do you use it