Mibu Possession Balloon
Mibu Possession Balloon Usage
- Increases the chance for enemies to drop Items when killed
- Lasts for 150 seconds (2 minutes 30 seconds).
How to Find Mibu Possession Balloon
- Dropped by enemies. Particularly common from the fat hammer guys in Ashina Outskirts. It is possible that you need to kill Genichiro first so they can drop them.
- Scattered occasionally throughout the landscape.
- Ashina Reservoir Revisited - from the Remnant of Kuro and Emma, make a left and jump over a wall to tall onto some water. Grapple out and you'll find the item along with 1x Scrap Iron
- Ashina Outskirts - from where the Cannon Warrior was standing. There's a grapple path to take. Jump and grapple and you will find the Giant Serpent's skin. Do not grapple onto the Triangular grapple yet - drop down one level to the right first and gather the item along with a Spirit Emblem.
- Hirata Estate - found in the river along with the Treasure Carp.
- Hirata Estate - upon defeating the Shinobi Hunter, you'll find it by the fogged gate.
- Hirata Estate - hidden behind some thick bamboo on a bamboo path that leads to a ledge that overlooks the bridge near the Hidden Temple.
- Ashina Outskirt- After taking the grapple path from the cannon warrior. The item will eventually be encountered.
- Ashina Outkskirts- Near the Outskirts Wall - Stairway Idol, defeat the rooster and continue further down. Close to the area with the reddish hue would be the item.
- Ashina Outkskirts- The first large enemy encountered in the Ashina Castle Gate Fortress would drop the item.
- Ashina Reservoir revisited- From the remnant jump over a wall to tall onto some water. Grapple out and you'll find on the item.
- Ashina Reservoir revisited- In the locked samurai gatehouse basement's
- Ashina Castle - In the Ashina Castle there would remnant about Kuro and Emma.left from the Remnant and jump over a wall too tall onto some water. Grapple out and you'll find 1x Scrap Iron and 1x Mibu Possession Balloon.
- Ashina Castle - After the eavesdrop opportunity about the enemies talking about salt.Go ahead and defeat them, and the nearby rifle user, and then pick up 1x Mibu Possession Balloon. There's also 1x Mibu Possession Balloon under the bridge.
- Ashina Castle Revisited - You can now explore the moat leading to the Serpent Shrine Idol. There's a Headless enemy here that you can fight under water. The other side of the moat has 1x Mibu Possession Balloon.
- Dungeon Memorial Mob - 2 can be bought for 50 sen
- Ashina Depths - 1 can be found in the middle of the Poison Pool.
- Fountainhead Palace - after defeating the Shichimen Warrior, explore the nearby waterfall to find 2.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - Along the Ni-Oh Gate in the path towards the temple, the left area contains 2x Mibu Possession Balloon
Mibu Possession Balloon Notes & Tips
- A green, circular icon will appear in the bottom-left corner below your health bar while in effect.
- The buff effect vanishes if you go through a loading screen; either by traveling to another Sculptor Idol, using the Homeward Idol, or exiting the game. This applies to the other 3 balloons as well.
- Other notes...
Mibu Possession Balloon Story & Lore
- The Rejuvenating Water that springs from the Dragon's Blood and begets Stagnation and Undeath fills this paper balloon. This paper balloon-like design could have been selected to emulate the Japanese lanterns of the Obon Festival . The bonshō bells of the Mibu Taro Troopers strengthen the link to the Obon Festival, which honors the dead and offers them guidance in the form of Japanese lanterns which are placed on water. The logic of this being that the paper lanterns offer guidance, so you, an undead protagonist, find more items. The kanjis that compose "kamifusen" can be read as both "paper balloon" and "god balloon". The Obon festival also involves the “hozuki” or “Japanese Lantern”, "Physalis" or "bladder". Hōzuki - 鬼灯, Demon Lantern - was also the Japanese name of Bloodborne's jellyfish-like Winter Lanterns.