|Spirit Emblem Cost||3|
Flame Vent is a Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Flame Vent discharges a fire blast that can inflict the Burn status on enemies. Particularly useful against red-eyed enemies.
How to use Flame Vent
- R2: Release a burst of flame in front of you, dealing health damage and building up the "burn" status effect on any enemies hit.
- If the Living Force skill is used, will do a horizontal slash and imbue your sword with fire for a short period (8 seconds except for Lazulite Sacred Flame which gives 20 seconds). Each sword hit inflicts 1x burn status points and deals 25% more health damage.
- Upgrades: Spring-load Flame Vent, Okinaga's Flame Vent, Lazulite Sacred Flame
Where to find Flame Vent in Sekiro
- You will need to obtain the Flame Barrel material that is inside a campfire.
- Location: Inside the campfire that is surrounded by enemies, near the "Estate Path" Idol in Hirata Estate
Flame Vent Notes & Tips
- Give the Flame Barrel to the Sculptor for it to be upgraded into the Flame Vent.
- Besides being useful against the Chained Ogre mini-boss, this prosthetic tool is also extremely effective against enemies with flammable straw/chaff overcoats, requiring only one use of the tool to inflict the burn effect. These enemies include cannoneers and certain samurai with aforementioned overcoats. The gun-wielding mini-bosses (Snake-Eyes Shirahagi and Shirafuji) are an exception - requiring 2 hits from the prosthetic to trigger the burn effect despite wearing the straw overcoats.
- These Tools, varying from the Loaded Shuriken to the Shinobi Firecracker, are equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and can be swapped out on the fly, allowing for creative and innovative solutions to the many exploratory challenges the player may face.
- Usually deals 1.15x health damage, but some enemies are weak to fire and get more. 4x burn status points (compared to one Living Force attack).
Flame Vent Story & Lore
- Those with Red Eyes are dangerous, and filled with a rage that is difficult to control through the power of man alone. They do, however, fear the flame above all else. This loathing of flames is shared by the undead inhabitants of Mibu Village.
- Fear of flame is a recurring concept in FromSoftware titles and typically applies to Undead , Beasts , and Dark beings.