|Spirit Emblem Cost||3|
Finger Whistle is a Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. When used, the tool can make beasts attack their allies or capture the attention of the enemy Sekiro is targeting, giving him an advantage in battle and stealth.
How to use the Finger Whistle
- When used on Monkeys, Wolves, and Dogs, it will cause them to attack anyone in sight.
- It can be used to distract normal enemies in the same way as a Ceramic Shard.
- It seemingly has no effect on any of the following Beast-type enemies: either of the Great Serpents; the Blazing Bull; the Guardian Ape; the Brown-Fureed Ape summoned by the Headless Ape; or any Man Eating Fish.
- Upgrades: Mountain Echo, Malcontent
Where to find the Finger Whistle in Sekiro
- Defeat the Guardian Ape boss to obtain the Slender Finger upgrade material.
- Give the Slender Finger to the Sculptor for it to be upgraded into the Finger Whistle.
Finger Whistle Notes & Trivia
- Giving the Sculptor a bottle of Monkey Booze leads to dialogue where it is implied that the finger used to create the Whistle once belonged to the female shinobi named "Kingfisher," mentioned by the Slender Finger and Malcontent's Ring. This shinobi was the person who trained with the Sculptor during their time training as rogue shinobi in the Sunken Valley. Presumably, his partner lost her finger when the Guardian Ape either bit it off or somehow killed them (the description of Slender Finger reads: "The slender finger of a young woman [...] Found in the belly of the Guardian Ape, it is partially digested.") though how and why this happened is a mystery.
- As described by the Slender Finger upgrade material, it is not the Malcontent's Ring or some learned technique that creates the whistling sound produced by the tool, but an actual pair of open holes drilled through the finger that enable one to whistle its tune.