Lazulite Sacred Flame
|Spirit Emblem Cost||3|
Lazulite Sacred Flame is a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and which can be used alongside the primary weapon, the Kusabimaru, in the other, biological, hand.
These Tools, varying from the Loaded Shuriken to the Shinobi Firecracker, are equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and can be swapped out on the fly, allowing for creative and innovative solutions to the many exploratory challenges the player may face.
How to use Lazulite Sacred Flame
- R2: Release a burst of purple flame in front of you, dealing damage to enemies.
- Hold R2: Releases an explosion of purple flame in front of you, dealing increased damage and propelling the user backwards.
- R2/Hold R2 + Hold R2 after initial blast: Releases a steady stream of purple flame which causes damage to enemies hit. Consumes additional spirit emblems over time.
- The Living Force skill allows you to wreath your sword in purple flame, giving a similar effect to Divine Confetti (see notes and tips below).
Where to find Lazulite Sacred Flame in Sekiro
- It's an upgrade of the Flame Barrel
- Speak to the Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to unlock a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade.
- Required Upgrade Materials:
- 3000 Sen
- 4x Lump of Grave Wax
- 3x Lapis Lazuli
- 7x Lump of Fat Wax
- 7x Yellow Gunpowder
- 4x Fulminated Mercury
Lazulite Sacred Flame Notes & Tips
- When combined with the Living Force skill, your sword becomes coated with purple flame and gains a similar anti-apparition buff as if you had used Divine Confetti. Unfortunately, this does not last as long as Divine Confetti and comes with a 3 Emblem-per-use cost, so is of debatable effectiveness, especially for such a lategame weapon (when Divine Confetti become purchasable in infinite amounts). Divine Confetti and/or the Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella are generally considered more useful and cost-effective means to deal with Apparition-type enemies for this reason.
- You do not lose access to the previous versions when you upgrade.
- The Prosthetic Tool Upgrades Tree is unlocked after obtaining the Mechanical Barrel.
Disappointing without living force, god tier with living force. Good for a short term divine confetti in a situation where you need a quick buff for something like sichimin or a headless, or just for a little extra damage
Flame vent is what makes living force worth picking up. It's unfortunate that the lazulite upgrade for it doesn't actually set anything on fire though. Oil + flame sword absolutely decimates certain enemies, but I'd still say the extra duration and divine damage make up for it. My first lazulite tool and I did not regret it. Very useful when you've ran out of Divine Confetti and you can still switch to Okinaga's if you want to set something on fire.
Hey stupid question but is this effective against the demon of hatred considering the description?
Does this tool increase in effectiveness when you use oil?
The description says it cleanses the hatred in flames, does that mean it will be effective against demon of hatred?
Before patch 1.03 this was an excessively redundant and useless upgrade. Living force buff did the same as divine confetti, the direct flame hit didn't even do worthwhile damage vs ghost bosses, and the living force buff only lasted for like two sword swings same as the fire versions. After 1.03 this is an incredibly strong tool and probably the best of the Lazulite upgrades for boss fights. Living force lasts longer, about? as long as a sugar without Devotion. And it *might* have better damage all around now, living force seems to bust ghost boss life bars by itself faster than confetti + Ako.
I love lazulite sacred flame. I tested it on a soldier wearing a jingasa outside the dilapidated temple in new game plus. Okinagas with an r2 push did half his hp and lazulite did 75% of his hp so it does do more dmg
This may be obvious but this does not count as fire damage. It will not burn oil if you throw some before attacking with it. As others have said its cool and looks awesome on your sword with living force but limited usefulness
As of patch 1.03, the Living Force buff with the Lazulite Sacred Flame now lasts for 20 seconds, does more damage and costs only 3 Spirit Emblems. AFAIK the buff duration for the other Flame Vent upgrades is still only ~7 seconds. This is a huge upgrade, it really makes this particular prosthetic upgrade very strong and worth using.
The upgrade have several big problems-without living force this is just a damage with very slow startup,you will do the same amount of damage with 3 basic atks in same time,living force talent req pretty useless upgrades to grab means a lot of skill points wasted and when you finally get it you have around 5 sec buff,which not that bad on ng where apparations type anemies have almost no hp/posture,but of future ng+ and beyond where fights are way longer taking advantage of this is even harder.In terms of emblem use i rather use malcontent to get 3 stuns which often guarantees free deathblow on any ng+ with zero investments into skill points.
How's the damage for non-apparition enemies? I want to use this since it looks nice.
It's seems oil has no effect.
Their charged attack against the decapitated does much more damage than a normal attack with the sword + divine confetti, unfortunately does not stop the attacks of the beheaded so it is a risk to use it indiscriminately, and there are not so many spiritual emblems to descend all his bar of life, this I still do not put him to the test with the shichimen warriors
Is this effective against Headless?
Though this is hardly important considering how easy Sen is to grind, I'd like to point out that 1 Divine Confetti = 300 sen = 6 Spirit Emblems, which is two uses of Lazulite Sacred Flame. Furthermore, you can use the Ceremonial Tanto to get up to 15 free Emblems per use, costing merely a single Gourd each time. Saying that the Lazulite Flame is less cost-effective than Divine Confetti is technically false!
If you use Living Force with this version of the Flame Barrel, your sword will be buffed with a very similar effect to Divine Confetti, giving you a large damage bonus against Apparition type enemies. The downside is that Living Force's buff doesn't last quite as long as Confetti, and by the time you can actually get this upgrade, you already have access to the best farming locations that make acquiring enough gold to buy as much Confetti as you would want very quick.
Has anyone tried this on Demon of Hatred?
this thing is basicly permanent divine confetti + flame does damage to wraith creatures