|Spirit Emblem Cost||2|
Shinobi Firecracker is a Prosthetic Tool in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The Shinobi Firecracker is useful for startling beasts and enemies during battle.
How to use Shinobi Firecracker
- Use R2/RT to deploy Shinobi Firecrackers that stun enemies, make them vulnerable to any kind of attack. Particularly useful against animals and beasts, many of which have specific animations when frightened by the firecracker that leave them highly vulnerable.
- Following up the stun with high damage or high posture-breaking combat arts such as Ichimonji (that may otherwise prove difficult to land) is an effective tactic against a number of bosses and minibosses.
- Can used defensively to create breathing room to heal or apply buffs in combat against aggressive enemies.
- If used repeatedly against certain enemies (particularly beasts), will become less effective as the fight goes on (requires confirmation/further testing). After one use on such enemies you need to wait significant amount before you will be able to stagger them again.
- Combining this with Fistful of Ash will make some boss fights a lot easier (only Headless and Headless Ape are immune to stun effect).
Where to find Shinobi Firecracker in Sekiro
- You will need to obtain Robert's Firecrackers that can be purchased from the Battlefield Memorial Mob merchant.
- Location: Sold by the Battlefield Memorial Mob or Crow's Bed Memorial Mob merchant for 500 Sen in Ashina Outskirts.
Shinobi Firecracker Notes & Tips
- Give Robert's Firecrackers to the Sculptor for it to be upgraded into the Shinobi Firecracker Prosthetic Tool.
- This Prosthetic Tool (and all its subsequent upgrades) doesn't work against apparition-type enemies.
- With the Chasing Slice skill Sekiro can follow up with a quick slash that carries him forward several feet.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Robert's Firecrackers? From the Memorial Mob?
...Welp, no wonder armor dude couldn't find his son.
Incase anyone glances over this item and disregards its usage beyond stunning animals (certain bosses and creatures), the firecrackers can stun almost every boss in the game as well, similarly to handful of ashes.
Paired with certain combat arts, even the (double) ichimonji that you can obtain after defeating horse rider, the first major mandatory boss of the game, allows you to do insanely high amounts of damage/posture damage extremely reliably.
Another exceptional use is for encounters with multiple opponents, where you do not have the combat arts or prosthetic tools yet to deal with multiple enemies, the firecracker can stun a large group of clustered enemies for you to chip at one by one.
How to kill half the bosses in the game lmao
Nobody: Gyouba: MY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
Can you fully posture break an enemy with just this, or do you need to attack it to fill the bar fully?
"This Prosthetic Tool (and all its subsequent upgrades) doesn't work against apparition-type enemies." Is the Mibu Village corrupted monk not considered an apparition type? Firecrackers stun her as well as 3 uses of a snap seed, malcontent I believe, and throwing ash.
Does the oil urn work with the shinobi firecracker? I cannot discern whether it's considered "fire," or not... ~W