|Spirit Emblem Cost||4|
Golden Vortex is a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and which can be used alongside the primary weapon, the Kusabimaru, in the other, biological, hand.
How to use Golden Vortex
- Appears to function identically to the prior upgrade, with the added effect of causing enemies to drop gold & items when initially hit by the golden vortex.
- The items an enemy will spawn when hit by Golden Vortex are identical to those they would normally drop, and the money drop is identical to that which would be gained by killing them, effectively netting either 2X gold or items per enemy kill, or allowing a drop without killing the enemy. Drop rates and amounts appear to be affected by all increasing bonuses from Mibu balloons and Senpou Temple Arts, making it a highly effective tool for farming, especially for rare items.
- The money/item dropping effect of Golden Vortex cannot be used repeatedly on a given enemy. Only the first time they are hit by golden vortex will cause an additional item/coin drop, with the enemy becoming immune to this part of the effect until the area is reloaded.
- Due to the high cost of talismans (4), this tool becomes less viable as a Sen farming strategy later in the game, at end game effectively costing 200 sen per use, drastically decreasing the profit possible, unless multiple enemies are hit with each gust. This cost can be mitigated by using the Ceremonial Tanto after each use however.
Where to find Golden Vortex in Sekiro
- It's an upgrade of the Divine Abduction.
- Speak to the Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to unlock a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade.
- Required Upgrade Materials:
Golden Vortex Notes & TIps
- You do not lose access to the previous versions when you upgrade.
- The Prosthetic Tool Upgrades Tree is unlocked after obtaining the Mechanical Barrel.