Being hit by too many fire-based attacks will eventually apply the "Burn" status abnormality. Guarding Fire attacks does not prevent Burn gauge from rising.
While burning, flames are visible on your body, you'll stop regenerating Posture and will gradually lose Vitality for the duration.
How to Cure Burning
Players can cure the Burn status by using the Dousing Powder item.
Sekiro might be inflicted with the Burn status if he is hit by multiple fire attacks. Enemies with Fire attacks include:
- Fire Arrow Soldiers and Grunts
- Torch-wielding Soldiers and Grunts
- Standing on burning Structures
How to inflict Burning
- Sekiro can use the Flame Vent Prosthetic tool to deal a frontal fire damage AOE (area of effect) attack.
- The Living Force special Skill allows Sekiro to coat his sword with fire.
- Players can use the Oil quick item to douse enemies, making them more susceptible to burning.
- Great Feather Mist Raven can also inflict the burn effect and can utilize oil.
- The Leaping Flame Spear tool can also inflict burn although requiring repeated hits
Enemies Weak to Burning
Enemies with Red Eyes are susceptible to fire, these include:
Enemies Resistant to Burning
The following enemies are resistant to burning: