Hammer Monk is an enemy in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Hammer Monk Location
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo's areas
- Two Giant Monks are best accessed from Main Hall. They are a bit further down the mountain trail when backtracking.
Hammer Monk Rewards
Hammer Monk Notes & Tips
- Prefer to perform a deathblow from behind when enemy is not alerted.
- All Giant Monks' Rewards are equal.
- Other notes
Hammer Monk Lore
- Taro is a Japanese name for boys, From Japanese 太(ta) meaning "thick, big" and 郎(rou) meaning "son". They have small, child-like heads.
- Their gigantism, and the various lesions across their bodies , are likely the result of imbibing Rejuvenating Waters. Lesions and atrophy due to imbibing the waters are found on various enemies, including bandits, zombies, and Senpou monks. The excess skin around their waist suggests that in spite of their size, they are in a constant state of hunger.
- Many among them are charged with burying the dead. Ashina Taro Troopers are raised on a diet of Taro Persimmons, which come from the infected ebony trees of Mibu Village.