Ako's Sugar is a Quick Item in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It is used to temporarily increase Sekiro's Attack Power for a time.
Ako's Sugar Usage
- Increases health damage by 12.5% and posture damage by 25% for 30 seconds.
- This increases to 45 seconds with the Devotion Latent Skill.
- Note that you can only gain the benefit of ONE Sugar/Spiritfall at a time. Using a different Sugar will simply overwrite the current one.
How to Find Ako's Sugar
- Sold in infinite supply by Anayama the Peddler if you send Kotaro to work for him. Requires you to give Kotaro the Red and White Pinwheel. Note that giving him the White Pinwheel instead will prevent you you from sending him to the peddler.
- Dropped by Monks upon death.
- Scattered occasionally throughout the landscape.
- Ashina Outskirts- There's a ledge below you can drop onto. Drop down and go into the cave to obtain
- Ashina Outskirts- From the Ceramic Shard. If you look down from this shard, there's a ledge below you can drop onto. Drop down and go into the cave to obtain.
- Ashina Outskirts - After exiting the cave and grappling back to the castle grounds. When reaching stable ground would be the item.
- Shugendo Memorial Mob - 3 can be bought for 80 sen
- Hirata Estate- In the area where the enemies throw oil at you, after defeating them there would be a nearby hut containing the item.
- Ashina Castle- In the deathblows from above section of the Ashina Castle walkthrough. You can climb onto the wall near the entrance tunnel and look down - there's the item.
- Ashina Castle- In the Clearing up the Samurai section of the Ashina Castle walkthrough. There would be an area where is a 3 samurai. In the room below would be the item.
- Sunken Valley Passage - From the pack of monkeys, 2x can be found when you drop down the ledge near the feet of the Buddha statue.
- Abandoned Dungeon - From the Underground Waterway Idol, go towards the water. Swim across the water until you see a boat and some items.
- Fountainhead Palace - From the noble courtyard, Go outside and take a left, defeat a noble then quickly move out of range by going to pick up 3x from the nearby tree.
- Fountainhead Palace - From the reached Palace Grounds Idol, head towards the rooftop and grapple onto the branch. From the branch, drop and grapple onto a rooftop and then jump alongside the rooftops to reach the portion of the outer palace that you could not access from the water. You'll find 2 behind the main building.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - Monk Enemies have a chance to drop Ako's Sugar
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - On the way towards the temple, in the main path would be the the item.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - When first entering the temple via the grapple the first room would have a large amount of crickets. The item would be in the room.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo - Near the entrance of the building with the white banner would be the item.
Ako's Sugar Notes & Tips
- Good for dealing with high Posture Enemies.
- Can be paired with Divine Confetti to increase damage against all enemies, particularly useful for reaching the stagger threshold of certain bosses faster.
- Has almost double the duration of its Spiritfall counterpart when paired with the Devotion Latent Skill. (Patch 1.03 increased durations of all spiritfalls to match that of their respective sugars)