Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella
|Spirit Emblem Cost||1|
Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella is a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and which can be used alongside the primary weapon, the Kusabimaru, in the other, biological, hand.
These Tools, varying from the Loaded Shuriken to the Shinobi Firecracker, are equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and can be swapped out on the fly, allowing for creative and innovative solutions to the many exploratory challenges the player may face.
How to use Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella
- Opening the Lilac Umbrella and maintaining it will negate most attacks from Apparition enemies, such as the Headless and Shichimen Warrior.
- Other attacks classed as "apparition" type from otherwise non-apparition enemies can also be countered with this prosthetic upgrade. Normally unblockable damage will be completely blocked with no posture penalty, and any chip damage or terror build-up will also be prevented. Keep in mind this does not prevent grab attacks, and blocking regular physical damage from Apparitions will still cause some posture damage.
- With the Projected Force skill unlocked, the Lilac Umbrella can also be used offensively against Apparitions. The Lilac Umbrella's projected force attack also attacks with the same properties as Divine Confetti, meaning it will deal bonus damage to Apparitions. Be aware that using this Projected Force attack will over-write and deactivate any weapon buffs you currently have, such as Divine Confetti, the Living Force skill, and Bestowal.
- Blocking projectiles will cause the Umbrella to smoke. Using Projected Force then will launch a cross-slash projectile. This projectile is not deal bonus damage to apparitions. Closing the Umbrella will not stop the smoking, but switching to any non-Loaded Umbrella type prosthetic will.
- The dual offensive/defensive nature of this upgrade makes it an all-in-one solution to fighting Apparition enemies, most of which have very limited ways to counter it. When activated, the shield will absorb both the skulls and the laser barrage attacks of the Shichimen Warrior (as well as their more mundane staff strikes) for only a single Spirit Emblem.
- The Finger Whistle and Divine Abduction prosthetic tools must be obtained before this upgrade becomes available.
- Pressing the block button while the Umbrella is open will spin it, deflecting incoming attacks without needing to close it. This spin costs 1 spirit emblem each time it's used.
Where to find Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella in Sekiro
- It's an upgrade of the Loaded Umbrella
- Speak to the Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to unlock a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade.
- Required Upgrade Materials:
Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella Notes & TIps
- You do not lose access to the previous versions when you upgrade.
- The Prosthetic Tool Upgrades Tree is unlocked after obtaining the Mechanical Barrel.
- However, if you use this tool's follow-up attack (the double slashing) it will cancel Divine Confetti duration
- Despite this upgrade being specifically focused for apparition-type enemies and terror build-up, the Guardian Apes scream can be blocked with any Loaded Umbrella.