Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella
|Spirit Emblem Cost||1|
Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella is a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, equipped via the Prosthetic Arm and which can be used alongside the primary weapon, the Kusabimaru, in the other biological hand.
How to use Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella
- Attacks that deal fire damage will be negated while it's open, and prevents buildup of the "Burn" status.
- With the Projected Force skill unlocked, the Umbrella can also be used offensively. Pressing the attack button while the Umbrella is open will activate a cross slash attack, imbuing your sword with fire for extra damage. Be aware that using this Projected Force attack will over-write and deactivate any weapon buffs you currently have, such as Divine Confetti, the Living Force skill, and Bestowal.
- Blocking projectiles will cause the Umbrella to smoke. Using Projected Force then will launch a cross-slash projectile. This projectile is not imbued with fire damage. Closing the Umbrella will not stop the smoking, but switching to any non-Loaded Umbrella type prosthetic will.
- Pressing the block button while the Umbrella is open will spin it, deflecting incoming attacks without needing to close it. This spin costs 1 spirit emblem each time it's used. This also causes a flare along the edge of the tool that has a similar effect to Robert's Firecrackers but at a much shorter range.
Where to find Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella in Sekiro
- It's an upgrade of the Loaded Umbrella.
- Speak to the Sculptor located at the Dilapidated Temple to unlock a Prosthetic Tool Upgrade.
- Required Upgrade Materials:
Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella Notes & Tips
- You do not lose access to the previous versions when you upgrade.
- The Prosthetic Tool Upgrades Tree is unlocked after obtaining the Mechanical Barrel.
- Projected Force cross attack on this version of Umbrealla deals 0.5x more health damage than normal (1.5x-2.8x depending on enemy) and inflicts 1x burn status (relatively to Living Force). Very long casting animation makes this tool extremely ineffective for setting targets in fire, you would usually need 10+ emblems for this.
Loaded Umbrella / Iron Fortress Story & Lore
- The idea of utilizing this extraordinary device may have been derived from the DS Dark Hand, which manifests as a vortex-like shield, when it's left-handedly. Such vortexes represent The Abyss, at times rendered as a headpiece . The Darkness, which The Abyss represents, was often reputable for its heavy weight. Hats like these are called kasa and share their etymology with the Japanese word for "umbrella" (which is also pronounced "kasa", but written 傘). The fan's function as an umbrella (shadow) or parasol (sun ward) may explain its function annulling Darkness/Terror and Fire.